A Message from President Genshaft

To:  USF Faculty, Staff and Students

From:  Judy Genshaft, President

Date: January 6, 2009

Welcome back and Happy New Year! I hope each of you enjoyed time off to be with your family and friends. The new year promises to be a challenging, yet exciting, time here at USF. Kicking off 2009 on January 17 is our annual Stampede of Service, a wonderful student led community engagement event that grows each year. We are proud of the commitment by our students to volunteer and serve those within the Tampa Bay Community.

As we embark upon a new year together filled with fresh opportunities and challenges, it is important to reflect on USF’s core values. USF is committed to providing our faculty, staff, and students with an environment based on the principles of respect, integrity, civility, collegiality, and the freedom to exchange ideas and engage in intellectual discovery. As part of the effort to maintain an appropriate academic workplace environment that is safe and comfortable, USF has established policies that prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of the following: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Marital Status, Disability, Age and/or Veteran Status.

USF values and appreciates your support as a contributing member of the USF community. For further information or guidance on equal opportunity matters, please visit this Web site.