Special Report: A Look Back at Week of Welcome 2010
- (Thursday, Aug. 26, 2010) Haven’t you always wanted to rappel off a building? Well, a bunch of students got the chance last week as part of Week of Welcome celebration with a jump off the side of the ROTC building. Videographer Candace Kaw brings you there.
- (Thursday, Aug. 26, 2010) The College of Business rocks! This slideshow looks back at the first couple of days of Week of Welcome and what was going on a the College of Business. A big thanks to academic advisor Bob Herron for the photos
- (Wednesday, Aug. 25, 2010) Check back on Student Check In. Move In Day on Aug. 18, 2010, was a busy one for many. Renee Svec and Wayne Espinola of Student Affairs took a bunch of photos for you to enjoy.
- (Tuesday, Aug. 24, 2010) Bulls In Focus: Move In Day Slideshow. There was plenty of activity around the University of South Florida Tampa campus on Move In Day, Aug. 18, 2010. Enjoy the photographs shot by staff, students and family.
- (Tuesday, Aug. 24, 2010) Love this video of the first day of classes! It was “opening day,” and you could feel the energy, excitement and nervousness everywhere. And the crowds. On the sidewalks, in the buildings, and of course, on the roadways and parking lots.
- (Monday, Aug. 23, 2010) International Students welcomed on campus. Flags from various countries hung from the ceiling, light fare was enjoyed and students shared emails and experiences.
- (Monday, Aug. 23, 2010) So, how was the first weekend back on campus? Pretty fun for those who made it to Bulls Nite Out last Friday. Part of Week of Welcome, the celebration included dancing, eating and a little riding on a mechanical bull. Videographer Candace Kaw brings you there.
- (Friday, Aug. 20, 2010) See what’s happening this weekend as part of Week of Welcome. We give you a snapshot of upcoming events from soccer to ice cream.
- (Wed., Aug. 18, 2010) Read about the Kick-Off Event at the Marshall student Center.
- (Wednesday, Aug. 18, 2010) View a quick video of the opening Week of Welcome celebration at the Marshall Student Center. Videographer Candace Kaw brings you the sights and sounds.
The New school year begins!
Week of Welcome officially gets underway Wednesday, Aug. 18, with more than 100 events scheduled during the next 11 days. You want to dance? Can do. Listen to music on the green? Definitely. Comedy? Sure thing.
Don’t forget the free food. It’s everywhere! Well, not really, but there are plenty of treats to discover so you can Feed Your Face! We’ve put together a quick hit list of food opportunities. Check it out below.
And if you’re counting calories, there are some events where you can work out to lose those unwanted lbs. Yeah, we’ve pulled together a quick hit list of that for you, too. Again, see below.
We’re going to be covering a number of the events throughout the Week of Welcome, and will be posting the stories, photos and video right here. You can also send in your own pix. Email them to email@example.com. So, check back early and often.
For more information on Week of Welcome and to see a list of all the great events USF has in store for students, visit the WOW website.
Free Food: We promised food. So, here you go. This link will take you to a list of food events throughout the 11 days Week of Welcome celebration. We’ve done the hard work. Now, it’s time for you to enjoy.
Shape Up: And, for those wary of putting on a few, here’s the list of events to help you keep active and fit. There is plenty going on. Take part and have fun.
Bulls In Focus: We want to highlight your experiences during Week of Welcome. Remember, it's all about you. Send in your photos and be part of our photo slideshows that will be published here later on. Whether you are a student, an alumni living out of state or traveling overseas, a researcher, professor or staff worker, we want your photos. Send the photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and check out the preview video here.