Reminder: iUSF Mobile App Available
Currently for Apple devices, IT is working to make app available for additional smart phones.
TAMPA, Fla. (Aug. 23, 2010) – Launched last month by USF Information Technology, the university's new mobile application, iUSF, is available for download for free to Apple devices including iPhone and iPad.
According to IT Web Services Manager Julia Payne, the new app, which is funded through the Student Technology Fee, is receiving “tremendous” response. “And we'd like everyone to know that we are working toward making the app available for other smart phones, including the Android and Blackberry. That should happen this fall.”
Available in the Apple store, the app includes the following content:
· Directory: campus directory with contact information for all USF System faculty and staff
· Athletics: news stories from USF Athletics
· Events: major university events pulled from the USF Events Calendar
· Courses: course information from Blackboard
· Maps: campus maps for all institutions and campuses within the USF System
· News:news stories from the USF System
· Emergency: emergency and non-emergency numbers for the USF System
· Bullrunner: bus tracking and routes for the USF Bullrunner Shuttle System
· Help: basic help information
For more information, email Julia Payne.