Benefits Open Enrollment Tips
Benefits packets from People First are in the mail. Human Resources offers enrollment tips.
TAMPA, Fla. (Sept. 22, 2010) – Benefit packets for open enrollment, which takes place Sept 22 - Oct 22, are being mailed to USF employees through Sept. 24 to your current address in People First. Remember to look for your packet. It includes important information regarding changes to basic and voluntary life insurance as well as dependent eligibility.
If you have not received your packet by Oct. 1, contact your benefits representative in your HR Service Center.
Human Resources offers the following tips for a successful open enrollment:
- Avoid the rush—make changes early. Open Enrollment for the 2011 Plan Year starts Monday, Sept. 27, at 8 a.m. and ends Friday, Oct. 22, 2010, at 6 p.m. Eastern time (5 p.m. Central time).
- Review your mailed open enrollment package and use the website to carefully consider your personal benefit needs for next year.
- Contact the insurance companies directly if you have questions about the plans.
- Know your People First password.
- Make changes online in People First -- it's convenient and allows you to see all your available options at once.
- Video State Group Insurance Benefits Changes for 2011
- Video How to Make Elections Using the People First Website (coming soon)
- State Group Insurance Open Enrollment Newsletter
- 2011 Employee Benefits GuidePDF|Flash
- 2011 Retiree Benefits GuidePDF|Flash
- HMO Service Areas by County
- Benefit Fair Schedule
- Insurance Company Contact Information