Benefits Open Enrollment Update
Benefits open enrollment continues through Oct. 22, 6 p.m. EST.
TAMPA, Fla. (Sept. 30, 2010) – All employees should receive their benefits guide in the mail by Oct. 1. If you have not received your packet by then, you can find an online version here or contact the benefits rep for your HR Service Center or your regional HR office.
Open enrollment is your once-a-year chance to make changes to any and all of your benefits. This year's open enrollment period is especially important because there are many federal and state legislative changes for the upcoming year. It is critical that you closely review the Open Enrollment Benefits Guide you receive in the mail (or online) and consider the needs of you and/or your family. Simply open the benefits guide and you will immediately see a list of these changes. All changes are also covered in a video that can be found here.
Tips for a Successful Open Enrollment
During open enrollment, the People First Service Center staff will be able to provide information and assistance for the new plan year.
Employees will have three ways to enroll in, change, or cancel their benefit elections through People First:
- Online enrollment: You can access the online system at any time.
- People First Service Center: You can speak with a People First Service Center specialist by calling 1-866-663-4735, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., EST.
- Paper enrollment forms: You can access enrollment forms online, or request forms from a People First Service Center specialist by calling 1-866-663-4735.
NOTE: The Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system will NOT be used to process elections this year.The IVR will be available only for inquiry.
Other tips to help make your benefit elections easy and stress free include:
- Avoid the rush—make elections and changes early.
- Make changes online in People First—it's convenient and allows you to see all your available options at once.
- Know your People First user ID and password. Your user ID can be found on your benefits summary included in your open enrollment package or by calling the People First Service Center at 1-866-663-4735.
- Watch the video “How to Make Elections Using the People First Website” for instructions and information regarding on-line enrollment.
- Review your open enrollment package and use this website to carefully consider your personal and/or family benefit needs for next year.
- Contact the insurance companies directly if you have questions about the plans.
Benefit Confirmation Statements will be mailed to all who make changes and you will have a brief period of time to make corrections to your statement if any election errors were made.