HR Organizational Development Leadership Series
The Leadership Series is designed for managers, directors and Management Certificate Program alumni to enhance achievement of organizational goals.
The first program will focus on transformation and collaboration skill development for the manager – coach - leader. Future programs will focus on process improvement techniques to improve efficiency, and the strategies to lead in an ever changing landscape with limited and shifting resources.
Leadership Series Program 1
The Manager-Coach-Leader Program begins this fall with a focus on managing change through collaboration and building credibility.
Change and Transformation in the Workplace: Oct. 18, 2011
• Challenging limited thinking – being persistent
• Language changes thinking- Thinking changes behavior
• Inspirational leadership – being prepared to commit yourself to the success of others
• Creating safety and trust, and continuity
• Increasing accountability, responsibility, and contribution
Manager as Coach: Nov. 10, 2011
• What does the coach style mean?
• Value and benefits of the coach communication style to USF
• Where are we today – Where do we want to go?
• Where are the gaps?
• Defining success parameters
• Being a USF Leader/manager
Culture Shift: New Experience, New Beliefs, New Actions, New Results: Dec. 15, 2011
• Improved results through behavioral change
• Addressing conflict
• Attitudinal choices and outcomes
• Coach communication style and team dynamics
• Reshape thinking to reshape team culture
• Tying it all together and establishing your personal plan for action
You may register for Program 1 workshops on GEMS on a first come, first serve basis.
For more information, email Penny Noriega.
The Leadership Series Program 2: Process Improvement and Program 3: Leadership in Challenging will be offered during winter and spring. Look for more information coming soon.