USF Highlighted in Front Row Tampa Bay
The online program will be broadcast for four days, coinciding with the Republican National Convention.
From USF News
TAMPA, Fla. (Aug. 23, 2012) – The University of South Florida – its research, programs and innovative spirit – will be featured during a series of segments that will be shown during four days of programming by Front Row Tampa Bay, an initiative of the Tampa Bay Partnership.
Front Row Tampa Bay is an online morning and mid-day show that is aimed at promoting the Tampa Bay region, its businesses and economic development, along with a sprinkling of political commentary, while the spotlight is focused on Tampa for the Republican National Convention.
The show will be streamed on the website: http://frontrowtampabay.com/.
The show is scheduled to run from 9 a.m. to about 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Aug. 27-30. It will be held before a live audience at Stageworks, located in the Channelside district in downtown Tampa.
Program segments featuring USF are currently scheduled for:
Monday, Aug. 27:
- 9:30 -10 a.m. Discussion on the Florida High Tech Corridor. USF President Judy Genshaft on panel.
Tuesday, Aug. 28:
- 9:00 – 9:15 a.m.: Discussion on social media and politics. USF Associate Professor Kelli Burns, social media expert, participating.
- 11 – 11:10 a.m. Leadership Spotlight: Interview with President Genshaft.
- 12:15 – 12:45 p.m. Business Partnership Roundtable. Participants include Moez Limayem, dean of USF College of Business, and Michael Mondello, professor in the College of Business.
- 1 p.m. – 1:05 p.m.: Last Word. Conversation with USF Athletics Director Doug Woolard.
Wednesday, Aug. 29:
- 9:45 – 10 a.m. Veterans Reintegration. Lt. Gen. Martin R. Steele, U.S. Marine Corps (retired), associate vice president for veterans research and executive director, USF Military Partnerships; and Aaron Gonzales, U.S. Army veteran and USF student.
- 11:45 – 12 noon: USF College of Marine Science. Jackie Dixon, dean of the College of Marine Science, and Steve Murawski, USF professor and fisheries biologist and marine ecologist.
- Noon – 12:05 p.m.: Sayfie Interview. USF political expert Susan MacManus talks with Justin Sayfie, author of the Sayfie Review.
Thursday, Aug. 30:
- 9:00 – 9:15 a.m.: Interview with JoAnn Urofsky, general manager WUSF Public Media.
- 9:30 – 9:45 a.m.: A health segment discussing USF Health’s work with diabetes and Alzheimer’s. Interviews with Dr. Henry Rodriguez, Medical Director of the USF Diabetes Center, and Dr. Amanda Smith, Medical Director of Alzheimer’s Disease Comprehensive Clinical Center, USF Health/Byrd Alzheimer’s Institute.
- 11:00 – 11:10 a.m.: Leadership Spotlight on USF World. Discussion with Karen Holbrook, USF Senior VP for Global Affairs and International Research.
- 12:15 – 12:40 p.m.: A look at USF Health’s CAMLS. Discussion with Dr. Stephen Klasko, CEO of USF Health and dean of the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine, and Dr. Laura Haubner, medical director of the Virtual Patient Care Center at CAMLS.
For more information on Front Row Tampa Bay, visit the website.