Alumni, Students, Faculty and Staff Come Together to Celebrate USF Homecoming Week
The Tampa Bay area community is invited to join USF alumni, students, faculty and staff as the university celebrates Homecoming Week, Oct. 14-21. The week features dozens of events, including Friday night’s parade, a free carnival and the USF Football game on Saturday night at Raymond James Stadium.
During Homecoming week, USF will move forward with plans to launch its new brand. Students and alumni will have their first opportunity to connect with the story and messages behind the university’s brand through activations on campus, including merchandise giveaways, a 180-degree video booth and special social media filters. Community members will notice new billboards, updated banners around campus and branded apparel on sale at the USF Bookstore.
This year’s Homecoming event schedule includes:
- Monday, Oct. 15, 7:30 p.m.: Kickoff & Stampede Comedy Show, Yuengling Center. The event, which is free and open to the public, features Nicole Byer, best known for her work on the prank show “Ladylike” and the reality show “Girl Code”and Alex Moffat, cast member from “Saturday Night Live.” No advance tickets are required.
- Thursday, Oct. 18, doors open at 7 p.m.: Homecoming concert, Yuengling Center. The event features brothers Swae Lee and Slim Jxmmi who make up hip hop duo RaeSremmurd.Tickets are $25 for the public and can be purchased online.
- Friday, Oct. 19, 3 p.m. – midnight: Homecoming carnival, Yuengling Center parking lot. The event includes a student talent showcase beginning at 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 19, 7 p.m.: Running of the Bulls Parade. The parade, featuring more than 50 floats, begins on USF Holly Drive (near the Marshall Student Center), proceeds to USF Maple Drive, and ends on USF Alumni Drive near the Alumni Center.
- Saturday, Oct. 20, 7 p.m.: USF Football vs. Connecticut. Tickets are available for purchase at http://usfbullstix.com/.
For a more complete list of USF System Homecoming events, visit www.usf.edu/homecoming.