Faculty & Staff Campaign Investment Fee Eliminated

To: Faculty and Staff
From: Rod Grabowski, Interim Vice President for University Advancement
Subject: USF Foundation Investment Fee Policy
Date: November 19, 2008

Dear Colleagues:

I am happy to share that the University of South Florida Foundation has eliminated the 10 percent Investment Fee that was previously assessed on gifts and pledge payments to operating accounts received through USF's Direct Mail, Telefund and Faculty & Staff Campaign programs.

Although the purpose of the Investment Fee was to defray administrative costs associated with operating these important annual giving programs, we took into strong consideration suggestions from many of our colleagues that the Investment Fee be eliminated. By restructuring our funding model for the Foundation's annual giving programs, we were able to eliminate the Investment Fee without hindering our fundraising efforts. You spoke and we listened!

Please know that your contributions make a real difference in the life of our University. Last year's Faculty & Staff Campaign raised a record $3.7 million from 2,100 of your co-workers. This translated into vital support for student scholarships and faculty research, as well as technology and facility upgrades. Through your ongoing commitment to excellence, USF is continuing its journey to becoming the University of the Future.

If we work together, the possibilities are limitless. Thank you!

Rod Grabowski
Interim Vice President for University Advancement
USF Foundation, Inc.

To learn more about the Faculty & Staff Campaign, please contact Todd Marrs by email at
tmarrs@admin.usf.edu or by phone at X4-2155.